Safety, Environment, and Health Policy
Piedmont Lithium is committed to a culture of empowering people to work safely, care for each other, and do the right thing. Our leadership recognizes our obligations to our employees, neighbors, stakeholders, and the communities in which we live, work, and play. Our “Piedmont Promise” is to operate our facilities safely and with responsible environmental stewardship.
Failure in this area is unacceptable. Our policy is to strive for continuous improvement with the primary objective to lead in all areas of safety, environment, and health.
The foundation of this policy is rooted in the principle of: Do it The Safe Way, not the easy way. “The Safe Way” is Piedmont’s corporate safety program that incorporates personal safety, health, and well-being, as well as environmental safety.
To implement this Safety, Environment, and Health (“SEH”) policy, we promote a 100% SEH philosophy, making SEH the cornerstone of all of our decisions and actions as a company and as individual employees, every day.
- Incorporate SEH into our business strategy and processes
- Design, operate, and maintain our facilities and processes in a way that protects our people, the environment, and community
- Encourage full engagement and empower employees by making SEH everyone’s 100% responsibility: 1 employee, 0 incidents, 0 failures = 100%
- Provide necessary resources including but not limited to appropriate equipment, tools, training, and support to our employees to meet and exceed SEH expectations and requirements
- Develop and maintain SEH Management Systems that foster continuous improvement
- Proactively eliminate risks
- Work with contractors and suppliers who share our SEH values
- Be an employer for all with respect to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards, and facilitate transparent assessment and reporting of
Piedmont Lithium expects all employees, contractors, and suppliers to abide by this policy to ensure we live up to our commitment to empowering people and living “The Safe Way.”
Keith Phillips, CEO