Who We Are
Who is Piedmont Lithium?
Piedmont Lithium is developing a world-class integrated lithium business in the United States, enabling the transition to a net zero world and the creation of a clean energy economy in America. Our location in the renowned Carolina Tin Spodumene Belt of North Carolina, the cradle of the lithium industry, positions us to be one of the world’s lowest cost producers of lithium hydroxide, and the most strategically located to serve the fast-growing US electric vehicle supply chain. The unique geographic proximity of our resources, production operations and prospective customers, places us on the path to be the most sustainable provider of lithium hydroxide in the world and should allow Piedmont to play a pivotal role in supporting America’s move to the electrification of transportation and energy storage.
What Makes Piedmont Lithium Different?
As you’ll hear us say from time to time, all lithium is not created equal. The same can be said for lithium producers. So, what makes Piedmont Lithium different?
It really comes down to 5 simple things: purpose, people, place, product, and process. We certainly encourage you to spend more time learning about our company. You will find each of these pillars covered in more detail throughout our site, but in the meantime, here’s a quick checklist to get you started:
- A foundational purpose focused on empowering people, and working to preserve and protect our planet for future generations
- The third largest and second richest spodumene ore deposit in the world, and the only one in the United States
- The only fully integrated, hard rock, spodumene-to-lithium hydroxide operation in the United States
- The lowest projected cost production profile of any integrated producer in the industry
- Location and processing technology that will allow us to be the “greenest” spodumene-to-lithium hydroxide operation in the world
- A highly strategic location in close proximity to customers, with nearby highway, rail and port access to decrease transportation costs, distances and our carbon footprint
- A production process and a product, overwhelmingly preferred by the leading EV manufacturers
- A product that is in high-demand, but in short-supply
- Greater potential revenue per ton, and less waste per ton, given the marketability of our other products such as quartz, feldspar and mica
- One of the strongest, most seasoned leadership teams in the industry